Kubuntu Breezy - Absolute beginners

Freitag, Januar 20, 2006

Keep your Amarok up-to-date

With the official repos you don't get the newest version of Amarok, but there is an easy way to keep Amarok up-to-date though as I've discovered today on the kubuntu mailinglist.

Open your konsole and type
sudo kwrite /etc/apt/sources.list

And add the following lines to the list:

# Amarok i386 and AMD64 only.
deb http://kubuntu.org/packages/amarok-latest breezy main


Save and close the file. Again in the konsole type:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

This will update your Amarok to version 1.3.8

3 Comments:

  • Zerlinna

    Hiya. Hope your well, just a small update to your last post:-

    sudo apt-get upgrade

    You missed the "t" from get, I do it all the time. Hope you don't mind me mentioning... Great advice by the way!
    Ste-Boilerhouse

    By Blogger boilerhouse, at 1/20/2006 07:26:00 PM  

  • hi ste,

    I absoluty do NOT mind, thank you very much for indicating me that!
    I'm happy that you still read my blog :-)

    Z.

    By Blogger Mimi, at 1/20/2006 07:41:00 PM  

  • Zerlinna

    No probs! If I can help you in any way with this then let me know...
    I do read it, think it's great what your doing!
    Ste-Boilerhouse

    By Blogger boilerhouse, at 1/21/2006 12:53:00 AM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home