Kubuntu Breezy - Absolute beginners

Donnerstag, Mai 25, 2006

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED // Shifting to Dapper Drake

Breaking news - I've moved my blog!
\sh proposed to host my blog on his server with serendipity, a great blogger software! Also, this blog here is firstly about Kubuntu Breezy - since Dapper will come out in June I think this is a good moment to shift.
But don't worry - I'm not going to delete this blog, it will stay here and I'll still read all comments and shoutouts and answer them.
But I hope that I can wellcome you all on my new blog at http://zerlinna.blogweb.de!
If you're thinking about shifting too - from breezy to dapper (it's till beta but next week it will be out officially) - you can either just update from breezy or make a fresh install - there is already a little guide with screenshots.

If you want do it by upgrading (I didn't do this, so I don't know how properly it would work - but it's worth a try, just be sure to backup everything before) open your sources.list with kate or kwrite (open your konsole and type this command: sudo kate /etc/apt/sources.list) and replace its content with the one from this site. Save the file and close it.

Then type into the konsole:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
This should upgrade your breezy to dapper (be aware: it's still beta so it's not advised to use it on your production systems. I have to say that I already do and it works great for me - there just no guarantee that it might work).